Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sequel Started!

Now that I've published my book, it has kind of lit the fire under me to start on the second one. A few years after I finished the initial draft of A Warrior's Path, I sat down and wrote out some character histories and an outline for the next book. It's been years since I've looked at it, but I dug my notebooks out of storage this weekend and flipped through the pages.

I have to say, I'm more than a little excited. While I had remembered the primary plot, I had forgotten some of the details I had fleshed out in the outline. There's some good stuff in there, and since I'll be working from an outline this time, I think I'll be able to churn out a decent finished work in much less time than it took me to write the first one. I started writing this weekend and got through the prologue and a few paragraphs of the first chapter.

In fact, I had intended to reserve the weekend for getting A Warrior's Path submitted to Amazon, but I was caught up in the excitement of a new story. I don't think the delay in getting to Amazon has hurt me, though. It's not as though readers are clamoring to read my work...yet! I will take the time this upcoming weekend to format the book and get it into Amazon's library.

No comments: