Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's quiet...a little too quiet.

Again, it has been a few days, but I assure you they have not been unproductive. I am working on a little something right now to post here. I was waiting to get my haircut the other day, lamenting not having a little notebook, when an idea hit me. Of course, because I didn't have a notebook, I was trying to not think of something. Naturally, the muses thought this was the perfect time to sprinkle their magic dust on me.

Somehow I managed to be satisfied just scrawling a few things onto the back of a receipt I had in my pocket. What I've written so far definitely wouldn't fit on a receipt anymore. It's turning out to be much longer than I had intended, but I think it's good. It's a bit different than the stuff I usually write, but that's never a bad thing. In many areas of life it is always advisable to be open to new ways of doing things. Don't be afraid to explore a road you've never been down before; it may lead you to a place you've always wanted to go.

No comments: